Sunday, February 26, 2012

5 more days

Got 5 more days til show day and I'm 2/3rds of the way there.

The studio is a crazy place. Think about it: hours upon hours locked up in a white walled room - alone. It's either a recipe for insanity which actually may be a good thing when creating or creative brillance. Stuck with my own thoughts. Constantly thinking about who I am, what I'm doing and what I'm trying to say. Struggling with my ideas. Trying to block out the manipulation of unwanted imagery burned into my brain from countless ads I dont even realize I'm seeing -
I can't even think my own thoughts. I could make this place extremely holy/sacred or completely depraved depending on what I choose to do and what version of me I bring into the space....

Anyhow more on that later.

For now here's more of what I'm doing for the upcoming show - to get your salivary glands going.

Oh by the way my mom is buying a crap load of sushi - which I protested as being overboard at which she responded in her stern Korean way "You just do what you do and I'll worry about this."
I said "Yes, Ma'am."






Painted on glass and had to do everything backwards: Highlights and shading first and then the neutrals - this is the back of it which actually turned out better than the front giving me ideas for future projects.

Han from Mohani who will be playing the show coming up with some new tunes for the show, it was dope this collaborative creative process, Han in one corner producing music and me in the other making my visuals. Muzart

10 pack taco bell tacos! "One size feeds all."Hit the spot.

3 am pass out. I looked over after flowing completely focused for like half an hour and found this:

No comments: